1Kg of chicken (boneless thighs)
1 tsp Ginger paste1 tsp Garlic paste
1 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Corriander powder
1/2 tsp Kashmiri Mirch salt
a little Mustard Oil
a sprinkle of turmeric powder
Keep it in the refrigerator for 30 mins to an hour or overnight preferably .
1. Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan or kadhai.
2. Temper the oil with 1/2 tsp of Methi seeds and 1/2 tsp of whole Cumin seeds.
3. Add 1-2 cup of thinly sliced onions and fry till the onions are soft and turning brown.
4. Mix 1tsp Ginger paste
5. Mix 1tsp Garlic paste
6. Add in 2 Green Chilli
Add this paste to above and fry for next 2 minutes
7. Add in 1 Large Tomato (chopped)
8. Fry till oil separates
9. Add 1 tsp of Cumin Powder, 1 tsp of Corriander Powder, 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri Mirch
Fry the masala with sprinkle of water
Add the chicken pieces and salt to taste
Fry till they colour changes.
Cook uncovered for the next 15-20 mins
At the end of this process you will see the oil separating , that indicates good things are in the making.
Now add 2 tsp kasoori methi crushed between your palm, mix everything well together and about 1/2-1 cup of warm water.
Adjust salt for taste. Cook covered till chicken is done. By this point a thin layer of oil should float on the top indicating all is good.
Sprinkle some more of the kasoori methi and keep covered until you serve hot.